You're cordially invited to participate in our social media contest on Instagram!
We are looking for the most AMAZING and BAD A$$ illustrators to present your inspiration for our story "ADIPOSE", one of the short stories in our book series "Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns!" For Rules and Terms and Conditions along with prize information PLEASE see below. Best of luck to everyone!
AN EXCERPT FROM THE SHORT STORY "ADIPOSE"
STORY BY AYESHA DERAVILLE
ARTWORK BY SONISE LUMBACA
The image to the left depicts an event written for the original "ADIPOSE" story in "Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! Volume 1. Below is an excerpt from Volume 2. You may submit an individual image or one that is a sequence of events as depicted in the image to the left. Feel free to submit in color or black and white, it's totally up to you. Enjoy!
"Missy stood back fearfully staring at the other two men that remained, as they tried to find her. She maneuvered over to the cargo, pulling a shovel from it. Quietly she crept up behind the man that held her jaw who now unknowingly strangled his gang member, and swung the shovel at the back of his head, knocking him unconscious. She then rushed over to another taking his legs out from beneath him. She then began hacking at his leg with the blade of the shovel to cripple him."
Calling all artists and illustrators! You're cordially invited to participate in our social media contest on Instagram highlighting one of our short stories from our novel "Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns" Volumes 1 & 2 © 2017/2018. The story to draw your inspiration from is called "ADIPOSE". This is an Instagram entry only contest. Create an image of a scene for "Adipose" NOT already depicted on this account
(@space_aliens_bad_mothers_guns). The catch is you cannot write an accompanying description of the artwork scene. The artwork's scene should be easily identifiable and self-explanatory as it relates to the short story. Follow this account. Post your artwork to Instagram and you MUST use the hashtags #spacealiensbadmothersandguns, #SABMG and #deravillesisters on Instagram. Enter as many times as you want, but only ONE winner will be selected to win the prize. Tag a friend to give them a chance to submit and win, but NO spamming; spams will not be considered and will be blocked. If you miss this competition, don't fret, follow this account to participate in future ones! We look forward to your entries! Good luck! This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Amazon. Good luck!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Competition is open to anyone 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Competition is open to all legal residents of the United Stated, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Instagram, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. Employees of Amazon, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and it's Authors, as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
3. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday May 25, 2018 at 12:00AM Eastern Standard Time and end on Monday, June 25, 2018 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. All online entries must be posted by Monday, June 25, 2018 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time.
4. How to Enter: The Competition is automatically entered when you follow @space_aliens_bad_mothers_guns, post your art and hashtag your posted image with all three hashtags of #spacealiensbadmothersguns #SABMG #deravillesisters. The entry must fulfill all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors. You must provide the information requested. You may enter as many times as you like by following @space_aliens_bad_mothers_guns on Instagram and applying #spacealiensbadmothersandguns, #SABMG and #deravillesisters to your posted images. You may not use any devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Competition (the “Winner”) will be recognized as the winner and receive: A Space Aliens, Bad Mother and Guns! T-shirt, mug, poster and bumper sticker, and best of all, a free copy of "Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns: Volume 3, available this fall. Second and third place winners will get honorable mentions. The winner will also have his/her image posted to all Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors' social media accounts and websites to be recognized as the winner. Actual/appraised value of the prize may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors to use Winner’s name, likeness, submitted artwork and overall entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Competition (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors, anyone acting on behalf of Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors behalf, and Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, artwork submitted, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors from and against any suit(s), proceeding(s), claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors' control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors. Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Competition IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND VERMONT, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of VERMONT having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: Will be posted on Instagram at the @space_aliens_bad_mothers_guns account and at www.spacealiensbadmothersandguns.com.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Competition is Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors.
15. The Competition hosted by Space Aliens, Bad Mothers and Guns! and its Authors are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Amazon.